CAP and fires in Arizona

    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2002
      I have this book by Carl Sagan called a Demon Haunted World on my
      desk and there is a chapter on Maxwell and on page 388+ he goes over
      Maxwell's equations. He writes that it takes a few years of universty
      level physics to understand these equations. My understanding is
      rudementary from my time with an elctronics MOS in the military and a
      handful of courses, physics up to Modern Physics, a Circuits class
      and three years of math. But that said the even more complicated
      aspect is Gaia and Lindzen's 'iris' description of IR behavior of
      clouds. Is this worth understanding? I say YES bigtime.

      Here is a right today example:

      http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/8339/CAPintro.html

      Read about CAP, above, and then consider the Gaia implications, below:

      http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020527/ap_on_re_us
      /western_wildfires_24

      http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/fire/swainfo/swainfo.htm

      http://www.nifc.gov/

      http://www.noaa.gov/fireweather/

      http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2002/22apr_ceres.htm?list28757

      Note IR energy from the picture in the graph is released in the area
      of the Gulf of California, which is IMHO related to the loss of
      cirrus caused by diminished hydrate fields and the loss of biosphere
      connected with the diversions of water from Lake Mead, instead of
      letting the CAP spring flood waters flow into the Gulf of California
      . . .