    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2002
      ** Aurora Watch In Effect **

      The solar wind speed remains elevated this evening, which would
      indicate that we are inside of the high speed solar wind stream from
      the coronal hole I mentioned in my last report. Although the
      geomagnetic field is calm for the time being, the high speed solar
      wind gusts could cause some active periods, and an aurora watch is in
      effect for the higher latitudes. A trio of sunspot regions, namely
      9957, 9661, and 9663 have flare generating potential, although there
      haven't been any significant flares in the last 48 hours.

      Solar wind speed : 439 km/sec

      IMF Orientation : 4.3 nT South

      Space weather for the next 24 hours is expected to be minor. Radio
      blackouts reaching the R1 level are expected.

      Solar activity forecast :
      Solar activity is expected to be at low to moderate levels. Regions
      9957, 9961, and 9963 appear capable of isolated M-class flare
      production. There is a slight chance for an isolated major flare
      during the period.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      Geomagnetic field activity is expected to be at quiet to unsettled
      levels during most of the period. However, brief active intervals are
      possible on 26 May due to recurrent coronal hole effects. There is a
      slight chance for a proton event during the period.