Special Request

    Message 1 of 1 , May 20 10:37 PM
      I am trying to keep the special notice messages down to a handful.
      Parden me in advance.

      My last notice was my prediction for the 2002 hurricane season. It
      is about to start. What happened last year is that as word got out
      how powerful Gaia theory was toward predicting tropical activity,
      especially as we interacted in other bbs which are tropical storm
      oriented, our members grew. We can really expect great growth this
      year as well.

      As you all know, I called Allison and Michelle last April, and this
      year I called for NO EL NINO despite the Rossby wave, NOAA's, John
      Daly's (his expert), and even Dr. William Gray's prediction. Well,
      now that the trending reversed, everyone is singing a different
      tune.

      Anyway, the reason this special notice is going out is that the group
      picture I have is of El Nino winds and SST anomalies in 1998. It is
      interesting as a picture because it really shows how those east to
      west winds enhance cirrus activity and then warm the SSTs. However,
      since there is no longer anyone calling for an El Nino, I wonder if
      anyone has a suggestion for a group picture.

      Finally, I also wonder about a chat. Last year, I actually wanted to
      join a chat with our sister group the Hurricane Team, but I never
      figured out how to do the chat. Which is going to make it even harder
      for me to moderate it! It might be fun to do a chat with the first
      tropical storm, particularly if we can somehow get real time flaring
      data? Anyway, I am open to suggestions.

      Fred, I saw how those ads overlay the links. I just cut and paste
      dragged it away from the ad to a notepad and then cut and pasted the
      link. It's hard to complain too much as this is free and FUN!

      I continue to invite top climate people as I see them make the papers
      and I can get their email. So far, we are the hottest unknown site
      on the net on climate--but I suspect that won't last. This is just
      too powerful an analytical tool to go unnoticed long.

      Mike (My handle was funny when I played a lot of yahoo chess)