Link on IR space readings

    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2002
      http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2002/22apr_ceres.htm?list28757

      What I find most interesting is how the IR radiation from the picture
      in the graph is released in the area of the Gulf of California, which
      is IMHO related to the loss of cirrus caused by diminished hydrate
      fields and the loss of biosphere connected with the diversions of
      water from Lake Mead, instead of letting the CAP spring flood waters
      flow into the Gulf of California . . .

      L.A. has had 4 inches of rain in the last year and Arizona is dry as
      a bone and you can see how the IR goes into space instead of making
      clouds--how the whole monsoonal flow is upset.

      Again, May flowers bring April showers! Without that flow of
      detritis and water into the Gulf of California, the microbrial
      biosphere suffers, the waters are less insulated for electical
      currents, and cirrus are not enhanced. Rainfall is not fed back.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 13, 2002
        The Aqua spacecraft mentioned in that article was successfully
        launched from Vandeberg AFB on May 4th into a 438 mile, sun
        synchronous polar orbit. Here's the Aqua homepage :
        http://eos-pm.gsfc.nasa.gov/ .
      • fredwx
        Message 3 of 3 , May 15, 2002
          It sure does look like the SOI went negative big time since the 9th.
          I just uploaded a file with the data and a chart.

          Fred