Re: Solar Activity Report for 5/6/02

    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2002
      > Look at the reading for the 5th compared to the 7th of the SOI
      > index. Seems like that is evidence of that "transient" event you
      > speak of. Could you be a little more specific about what that
      > means?

      I wish I could be more specific! There was no significant solar flare
      activity, and there was no coronal hole activity to justify the
      increase in solar wind speed and density. There is no mention of any
      significant activity on any of the space weather websites that would
      be related to it. There was a CME seen a couple of days earlier, but
      it was what is called a backside event, meaning it shot off of the
      opposite side of the sun from us. Beats the heck outta me!