More on NOAA's blown ENSO call

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2002
      http://psbsgi1.nesdis.noaa.gov:8080/PSB/EPS/SST/climo.html

      I see that after I have complained NOAA has finally put up some data
      on the SST anomalies. But they also got CNN to call the PRESENT
      conditions El Nino and then put in reports of warm water fishing off
      the coast of Peru. More CYA, IMHO.

      If you look at the new 3/5/02 readings, posted after a whole FIFTEEN
      days (I have never seen a break of measures for more then a few days
      since 1996), there is a HUGE cold anomaly running around the Southern
      Ocean starting just south of New Zealand. You can actually SEE the
      state sized berg responsible for these cold anomalies. These cold
      anomalies are already working their way toward Peru and there is NO
      WAY this is going to make El Nino. Not a CHANCE!!!!

      If you go to John Daly's site (he is a lying false skeptic, BUT his
      ENSO DATA IS SOLID), the ENSO data at the bottom of the page SHOWS
      THAT THERE HAVE BEEN LA NINA WINDS IN THE GAP OF GOVERNMENT DATA!!!
      Why would the government cover up La Nina or no El Nino???? Because
      this winter was the warmest recorded!!!!!!! The RWNs in power want
      to blame it on El Nino, and not on human activity. So they practice
      munipulated science--that is how they would run our ENRONomy!

      BTW, the warmer oceans explain the massive calving of glaciers off
      Antarctica. Also explains a cold interior--because the warmer a
      conducter the less resistance it has to currents. Therefore, that
      circumpolar current in the Southern Oceans reduces cirrus clouds more
      the warmer those waters just as it enhances cirrus when the wind is
      blowing the other way, westward. A glacier melting is going to cap
      the waters with fresh water and be cold and therefore a very poor
      conducter. This should ironically result in warmer interior waters
      with more cirrus warming but makes for very cold SSTs and will surely
      end any thing like an El Nino sustaining itself. It should be known
      that during the Milankovtich melting of ice from 12,500 to 7,500 when
      1/3 of the terresphere was covered with ice and then melted to 10%
      there is no sign in the paleo record of El Nino!