Re: Plate tectonics and Gaia earth

  • Pawnfart
    Message 1 of 702 , Feb 28, 2001
      So what kind of stimulas and responses are we
      talking about? One, if the sun spot cycle is low or at a
      minimum, one would predict lessened siesmic expression.
      Two, if CO2 is an ion in water vapor and part of the
      "doping" process in the oceans, higher CO2 would increase
      siesmic activity. Three, if the lunor cycle depressurizes
      methane hydrates in a cycle, depending on the cycle,
      there again would be doping implications therefore
      different siesmic responses. Four, if the oceans and land
      masses are different from northern hemisphere to
      southern, the siesmic and orbital forces would be
      different. Around the southern hemisphere, the circulation
      area to which the coupling out to space is much larger
      then the area over the north pole, so that one would
      expect a difference in siesmic and orbits as a result.
      Why is there more land in the northern hemisphere?
      the defective feedbacks from higher CO2? As CO2 is an
      ion, you would expect higher kinetic expression of
      climate. While there is in addition the added solar
      flaring from the Meander Min and Keeling Whorf
      depressurization has been reduced since the past few centuries,
      and some have made measurements of the earth's
      magnetic field reduced 5% over the past 150 odd years,
      which in my view is connected to an increased
      production of insolating methane hydrate during this period
      of less pressurization, the remaining stimulas of
      higher CO2 is in large part human. And I suspect that
      because the siesmic forces should be increased with the
      greater ionization from CO2, and seen near the poles,
      that the huge earthquakes in Alaska and Chile
      (connected to ENSO) are a result.<br><br>Potential defective
      feedbacks would include a greater inducement of precession
      of the equinoxes, from the differential in the
      forces from pole to pole. I suspect that this entire
      orbital dynanic is part of Gaia cooling by turning solar
      energy into non-life threatening kinetic expression. Of
      course, what I mean by non-life threatening is the lives
      of microbes in over 1,000 feet of water, and that
      may have some, shall I say, chilling implications to
      those living on a surface with more kinetic climate. A
      "melting" Arctic in the summer may be a part of greater
      current created by higher ionozation. Greater current
      induced melting in Antarctica may be predicted.
      Disparties of climate from pole to pole. All from higher
      CO2--not as a green house gas but as an ion. Understand,
      the GHG part is what the microbes on a living planet
      evolved against, so it isn't that CO2 isn't a green house
      gas with all the attendant consequences, but that the
      living planet we are messing with, this biological
      masterpiece we are squirting mustard on, has additional
      reactions that may surprise us.<br><br>Mind boggling stuff
      really. Clearly there has been little analysis of this
      issue.
      Message 702 of 702 , Mar 1, 2002
        On Feb 28th, the Interplanetary Magnetic Field
        swung to a strong south-pointing orientation. That,
        coupled with an elevated solar wind speed and density,
        triggered a G-1 class geomagnetic storm. The result was
        some high latitude aurora. See this link for a
        photgraph of aurora observed over Quebec :
        namely 9839, 9842, and 9845, that appear to be capable
        of producing M-class flares. Regions 9839 and 9842
        are close to rotating out of view over the western
        limb of the solar disk. Sunspot region 9845, however,
        is close to the sun's central meridian. A rather
        large coronal hole is also approaching the sun's
        central meridian, and coming into an Earth-pointing
        position. High speed colar wind gusts are likely around the
        first of next week.<br><br>The current solar and
        geomagnetic conditions are :<br><br>NOAA sunspot number :
        wind speed : 372.3 km/sec<br>Solar wind density : 4.4
        the last 24 hours : <br>Solar activity was low. The
        geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled. Stratwarm Alert
        exists Friday.<br><br>Forecast for the next 24 hours
        :<br>Solar activity will be low to moderate. The geomagnetic
        field will be quiet to unsettled.<br><br>Solar Activity
        Forecast :<br>Solar activity is expected to be low to
        moderate for the next three days. Region 9845 is a
        possible source for isolated M-class
        is expected to be mainly quiet to unsettled, until
        the onset of high speed stream effects from a
        recurrent coronal hole begin to develop by day three of the
        forecast period. Isolated active conditions are
        anticipated thereafter.<br><br>Recent significant solar flare
        activity :<br>None