Fires and double peak

  • Pawnfart
    Message 1 of 702 , Jan 3, 2002
      I note that the fires continue near and in
      Sydney. I have been informed that these fires are similar
      to those that struck Indonesia in 1996, prior to the
      El Nino of 1997-8.<br><br>We appear to be in
      transistion. Dry patches going to wet, and wet to dry, which
      is indicative to a switch in a bi-stable system. I
      note from Daly's site <a href=http://www.john-daly.com target=new>http://www.john-daly.com</a> that
      there has been El Nino wind conditions now for over a
      month. The Southern Ocean, however, continues to have
      some aspects anomaly cold SSTs that are associated
      IMHO with that Delaware sized berg.
      Message 702 of 702 , Mar 1, 2002
        On Feb 28th, the Interplanetary Magnetic Field
        swung to a strong south-pointing orientation. That,
        coupled with an elevated solar wind speed and density,
        triggered a G-1 class geomagnetic storm. The result was
        some high latitude aurora. See this link for a
        photgraph of aurora observed over Quebec :
        namely 9839, 9842, and 9845, that appear to be capable
        of producing M-class flares. Regions 9839 and 9842
        are close to rotating out of view over the western
        limb of the solar disk. Sunspot region 9845, however,
        is close to the sun's central meridian. A rather
        large coronal hole is also approaching the sun's
        central meridian, and coming into an Earth-pointing
        position. High speed colar wind gusts are likely around the
        first of next week.<br><br>The current solar and
        geomagnetic conditions are :<br><br>NOAA sunspot number :
        wind speed : 372.3 km/sec<br>Solar wind density : 4.4
        the last 24 hours : <br>Solar activity was low. The
        geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled. Stratwarm Alert
        exists Friday.<br><br>Forecast for the next 24 hours
        :<br>Solar activity will be low to moderate. The geomagnetic
        field will be quiet to unsettled.<br><br>Solar Activity
        Forecast :<br>Solar activity is expected to be low to
        moderate for the next three days. Region 9845 is a
        possible source for isolated M-class
        is expected to be mainly quiet to unsettled, until
        the onset of high speed stream effects from a
        recurrent coronal hole begin to develop by day three of the
        forecast period. Isolated active conditions are
        anticipated thereafter.<br><br>Recent significant solar flare
        activity :<br>None