Another Nat Geo link

  • Pawnfart
    Message 1 of 702 , Nov 5, 2001
      If you get National Geographic, pull out your May
      copy from this year. I just did after my nightly walk,
      because it is all I could think about.<br><br>There is a
      flying dino called Pterosaur that they write about (see
      Anyway, I had read it yesterday as I was trying to get my
      daughter to sleep and there is a graphic on page 89 that
      shows the worldwide distribution of Pterosaur fossils
      during the Late Triassic, Late Jurassic, and Late
      Cretaceous.<br><br>What I was thinking about is thermals and flight and
      the locations of these animals supports an electrical
      theory of Gaia via cirrus. How? Well, for starters, the
      great oil fields locations are all at the west end of
      an ocean/sea that would be the place of precip from
      electrical enhancement. See, it has to do with the lower
      lumenousity of the sun as you go back in time--the electrical
      aspect of cirrus suspension was more important
      then.<br><br>There is another part, too. Oil and cement don't mix (I
      am playing with cement molds right now as a hobby).
      Oil and shelled creatures, would pose a similar
      issue. Why is this electrically important? I think
      because CO2 levels are modulated by deep ocean chemistry
      AND electrical values!<br><br>Anyway, I can visualize
      this from the map, and this flying dinos live only
      where there would essentially be cirrus enhancment.
      sake of coherence.<br><br>What does this have to do
      with hurricanes? <br><br>Well, they are electrical and
      biological. While insulation probably no longer plays a great
      a role as the sun has become warmer, the politics
      of oil and climate are much more connected then one
      may think. Indeed, the fact that oil isn't made like
      it was may have to do with our sun having too much
      lumenousity!
      Message 702 of 702 , Mar 1, 2002
        On Feb 28th, the Interplanetary Magnetic Field
        swung to a strong south-pointing orientation. That,
        coupled with an elevated solar wind speed and density,
        triggered a G-1 class geomagnetic storm. The result was
        some high latitude aurora. See this link for a
        photgraph of aurora observed over Quebec :
        namely 9839, 9842, and 9845, that appear to be capable
        of producing M-class flares. Regions 9839 and 9842
        are close to rotating out of view over the western
        limb of the solar disk. Sunspot region 9845, however,
        is close to the sun's central meridian. A rather
        large coronal hole is also approaching the sun's
        central meridian, and coming into an Earth-pointing
        position. High speed colar wind gusts are likely around the
        first of next week.<br><br>The current solar and
        geomagnetic conditions are :<br><br>NOAA sunspot number :
        wind speed : 372.3 km/sec<br>Solar wind density : 4.4
        the last 24 hours : <br>Solar activity was low. The
        geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled. Stratwarm Alert
        exists Friday.<br><br>Forecast for the next 24 hours
        :<br>Solar activity will be low to moderate. The geomagnetic
        field will be quiet to unsettled.<br><br>Solar Activity
        Forecast :<br>Solar activity is expected to be low to
        moderate for the next three days. Region 9845 is a
        possible source for isolated M-class
        is expected to be mainly quiet to unsettled, until
        the onset of high speed stream effects from a
        recurrent coronal hole begin to develop by day three of the
        forecast period. Isolated active conditions are
        anticipated thereafter.<br><br>Recent significant solar flare
        activity :<br>None