Re: Earth's magnetic field

  • Pawnfart
    Message 1 of 702 , Feb 15, 2001
      . We are playing with a very significant living
      earth cycle with CO2 emissions, and how we are playing
      with it, rather than meeting the response of the best
      scientific minds, has been used by the fossil fuel lobby
      with their hired gun scientists to install skepticism
      with respect to the mechanical aspects of CO2 as a
      green house gas, and all the problems this may create
      as a defect in climate feedback loops. Sad but so.
      extent, I have concerns of this human caused extinction
      event on top of the event of a glacial epoch that has
      produced humans as an emerging species. Here is a taste:
      this by detecting the magnetic field's intensity as
      well as its inclination, the angle the field lines
      make in respect to the surface of the earth. Each
      point in the North Atlantic gyre has a unique
      combination of intensity and inclination, similar to each
      point's set of longitude and latitude coordinates. The
      Lohmanns say the ability to perceive both magnetic
      features would allow the sea turtles to find a position
      anywhere in the gyre. <br><br>2.
      quality. <br><br>3.
      head west near Mex <br><br>4.
      the Earth's magnetic field and is keeping some sort
      of balance relationship with it. However, under
      modern day living conditions, the effect of this field
      has decreased. Consequently, we can assume that for a
      certain human body, this lack of magnetism has caused
      some abnormalities. For this reason, by the external
      application of a magnetic field to the human body to
      supplement this deficiency, such abnormal conditions can be
      improved. In other words, I feel that there is a direct
      relationship between the decrease in the earth's magnetic
      field acting on the human body and the improvement of
      abnormal conditions of the human body by the application
      of magnetic fields. <br><br>Given what we know about
      the Keeling Whorf cycle, perhaps this is the human
      evolutionary response to it. Put another way, Ezikial saw a
      wheel.
      Message 702 of 702 , Mar 1, 2002
        On Feb 28th, the Interplanetary Magnetic Field
        swung to a strong south-pointing orientation. That,
        coupled with an elevated solar wind speed and density,
        triggered a G-1 class geomagnetic storm. The result was
        some high latitude aurora. See this link for a
        photgraph of aurora observed over Quebec :
        namely 9839, 9842, and 9845, that appear to be capable
        of producing M-class flares. Regions 9839 and 9842
        are close to rotating out of view over the western
        limb of the solar disk. Sunspot region 9845, however,
        is close to the sun's central meridian. A rather
        large coronal hole is also approaching the sun's
        central meridian, and coming into an Earth-pointing
        position. High speed colar wind gusts are likely around the
        first of next week.<br><br>The current solar and
        geomagnetic conditions are :<br><br>NOAA sunspot number :
        wind speed : 372.3 km/sec<br>Solar wind density : 4.4
        the last 24 hours : <br>Solar activity was low. The
        geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled. Stratwarm Alert
        exists Friday.<br><br>Forecast for the next 24 hours
        :<br>Solar activity will be low to moderate. The geomagnetic
        field will be quiet to unsettled.<br><br>Solar Activity
        Forecast :<br>Solar activity is expected to be low to
        moderate for the next three days. Region 9845 is a
        possible source for isolated M-class
        is expected to be mainly quiet to unsettled, until
        the onset of high speed stream effects from a
        recurrent coronal hole begin to develop by day three of the
        forecast period. Isolated active conditions are
        anticipated thereafter.<br><br>Recent significant solar flare
        activity :<br>None