Flaring comments

  • Pawnfart
    Message 1 of 702 , Sep 6, 2001
      B-1, thanks for your comments. I was wondering if
      you had today's space weather, because I note that
      Erin was ripped up this last week and today it rises
      from the dead. I suspect that today the flaring is
      less . . .<br><br>This next link is a space weather
      classes of flaring.<br><br>This next link is a great link
      on El Nino. I hate John Daly's politics, BTW,
      because he is an admitted advocate for fossil fuels, but
      this site here is
      there for a long time). This link is good for
      mathemantically correlating flaring w/
      El Ni�o and La Ni�a" (11-Jan-98)- Dr Theodor
      Landscheidt's new solar model which explains the timing of ENSO
      events, predicting the next El Ni�o to peak in late 2002,
      �6 months. This suggests the next El Ni�o should
      start around April/May 2002 (possibly as early as
      November 2001, or as late as November 2002)." <br><br>(I
      happen to think we will have a La Nina this year and El
      Nino next year).<br><br>What I am adding to all of
      this is that as direction of ocean current controls
      cirrus formation from below via induction of the earth's
      mag field, during a flaring "event" that creates an
      El Nino, the cirrus enhancement is controlled from
      the sun. Put another way, the expansion of the
      ionsphere inducting current and other particles from the
      flaring changes the magnesphere in such a way that
      direction of current doesn't matter.
      Message 702 of 702 , Mar 1, 2002
        On Feb 28th, the Interplanetary Magnetic Field
        swung to a strong south-pointing orientation. That,
        coupled with an elevated solar wind speed and density,
        triggered a G-1 class geomagnetic storm. The result was
        some high latitude aurora. See this link for a
        photgraph of aurora observed over Quebec :
        namely 9839, 9842, and 9845, that appear to be capable
        of producing M-class flares. Regions 9839 and 9842
        are close to rotating out of view over the western
        limb of the solar disk. Sunspot region 9845, however,
        is close to the sun's central meridian. A rather
        large coronal hole is also approaching the sun's
        central meridian, and coming into an Earth-pointing
        position. High speed colar wind gusts are likely around the
        first of next week.<br><br>The current solar and
        geomagnetic conditions are :<br><br>NOAA sunspot number :
        wind speed : 372.3 km/sec<br>Solar wind density : 4.4
        the last 24 hours : <br>Solar activity was low. The
        geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled. Stratwarm Alert
        exists Friday.<br><br>Forecast for the next 24 hours
        :<br>Solar activity will be low to moderate. The geomagnetic
        field will be quiet to unsettled.<br><br>Solar Activity
        Forecast :<br>Solar activity is expected to be low to
        moderate for the next three days. Region 9845 is a
        possible source for isolated M-class
        is expected to be mainly quiet to unsettled, until
        the onset of high speed stream effects from a
        recurrent coronal hole begin to develop by day three of the
        forecast period. Isolated active conditions are
        anticipated thereafter.<br><br>Recent significant solar flare
        activity :<br>None