Re: JET STREAM

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2006
      --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "mearthslayer"
      <mearthslayer@...> wrote:

      > I'VE BEEN WONDERING WHAT DIRECTS THE JET STREAM, MORE TO THE POINT
      DOES IT DRIFT
      > UP AND DOWN IN HEIGHT AS WELL. (RANGE).

      The jet stream is a high speed wind in the upper part of the
      troposphere. The electrics aspect that we have been discussing here
      is more or less discussed in terms of 'shear', which is another upper
      tropospheric wind--relative to what is going on below it.

      IT SEEMS TO ME FAR EASIER TO COOL THE
      > PLANET THAN WARM IT.

      The Hartmann Fu papers on out going and trapped radiation are the best
      I have read on the subject.

      Mike