JET STREAM

  • mearthslayer
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2006
      I'VE BEEN WONDERING WHAT DIRECTS THE JET STREAM, MORE TO THE POINT DOES IT DRIFT
      UP AND DOWN IN HEIGHT AS WELL. (RANGE). IT SEEMS TO ME FAR EASIER TO COOL THE
      PLANET THAN WARM IT.

      RON
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2006
        --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "mearthslayer"
        <mearthslayer@...> wrote:

        > I'VE BEEN WONDERING WHAT DIRECTS THE JET STREAM, MORE TO THE POINT
        DOES IT DRIFT
        > UP AND DOWN IN HEIGHT AS WELL. (RANGE).

        The jet stream is a high speed wind in the upper part of the
        troposphere. The electrics aspect that we have been discussing here
        is more or less discussed in terms of 'shear', which is another upper
        tropospheric wind--relative to what is going on below it.

        IT SEEMS TO ME FAR EASIER TO COOL THE
        > PLANET THAN WARM IT.

        The Hartmann Fu papers on out going and trapped radiation are the best
        I have read on the subject.

        Mike