Re: Hurricane predictions and Solar orbitals

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2006
      In
      > my research and I have only included orbits that I assume to be
      > reasonbly close in orbit to sun/earth and those of the larger
      > magnitudes only.

      Do you ever use measures of moon rather than earth units?

      Some smaller asteroids extremely close like
      > Asteroid 2004 XP14 on July 3, 2006 at a minimal earth distance of =
      > 0.002892 AU and 410 - 920m in size are documented in my studies.
      >
      > With this information I have been able to see a large pattern
      between
      > geomagnetic effects and storms occurring here on earth. Although I
      > have yet to learn about secular coordinates of these near orbiting
      > asteroids.. when the solar wind is directed earthward, the pattern
      is
      > pretty evident with the seasonal values taken into consideration.

      During the hurricane season I tend to post mostly at TWC
      (http://www.weather.com/interact). There a poster named Jim Hughes
      has noted and I have confirmed with my observations of his findings
      that when the solar wind drops BELOW 500 km/sec that there are more
      favorable conditions for formation. IMHO this is do to first the
      high winds build up ionozation for couplings but then when the winds
      decrease the ionosphere becomes more stable and there you go.

      The reason I bring this up is he (Jim) made a prediction in 2005 that
      with a wind event that when it slowed below 500km/sec there would be
      a hurricane. There wasn't a hurricane and he was bashed. But I
      defended him all the way. As it turned out there was a huge rain
      event in Bombay where a yard of rain fell. It got to what I am very
      interested in, not so much what electrical conditions that the earth
      is presented from by space weather, but how the earth TAKES those
      inputs.