    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10 8:30 PM
      We've actually had a bit of excitement over the last week or so!
      There were two M-class flares on the 6th, and a coronal hole has kept
      the solar wind speed up for the last few days. Folks in the northern
      US got to see a light show on the 9th, when a G-1 gaomagnetic storm
      occurred, as can be seen here.
      http://www.spaceweather.com/aurora/gallery_01apr06_page2.htm . Look
      for the solar wind speed to stay elevated for the next several days.

      IMF Orientation : 0.1 nT North

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : B1

      Conditions for the last 24 hours :
      Space weather for the past 24 hours has been minor. Geomagnetic
      storms reaching the G1 level occurred.

      Solar activity is expected to continue at very low levels.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to unsettled with
      isolated active periods on 11 April.

      Recent significant solar flare actvity :
      06-Apr-2006 2042Z M1.2
      06-Apr-2006 0533Z M1.4