    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2006
      I'm watching new sunspot region 865 closely. One, because around
      solar minimum, there's precious little to watch! Secondly, however,
      and more importantly, is what's happening to the background X-ray
      Flux. After being in essentially a flat-line for quite a while, it's
      showing signs of activity. I'm going to be very interested to see if
      this sunspot region starts growing. I'm looking for the X-class flare
      that the sun has a habit of generating right at solar minimum. It's
      far too soon to tell yet, though.

      IMF Orientation : 0.9 nT South

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : A6

      Solar activity is expected to be very low to low. C-class flares are
      possible in Region 865.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to unsettled.