Re: Bush administration bombs again

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Doran"
      <narodaleahcim@...> wrote:

      > From a standpoint of adding energy to a hurricane, the bomb is not
      > significant. Perhaps the idea is if there is a low pressure area if
      > you add air to that low pressure in the form of a solid that burns to
      > a gas, you have a higher pressure, lower wind gradiants, and the
      > hurricane weakens. The idea is simple--but flawed.

      I tend to agree with you. Considering the energies at work in even a
      minimal hurricane, I don't see how a bomb like the MOAB could have the
      slightest effect. For that matter, I doubt even a nuclear weapon
      would have much effect at all. I'm not familiar with the source you
      quoted, but to be completely honest, I don't believe a word of it.