    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2006
      I suppose this falls under the hading of taking what we can get. The
      Earth entered a high speed solar wind stream a couple of days ago, and
      believe it or not, there were a few sightings of aurora! See this
      link for some nice pictures.
      http://www.spaceweather.com/aurora/gallery_01feb06.htm . It wasn't
      much, but like I said, we'll take what we can get as were approach (or
      are at?) the solar minimum. The aurora have subsided, although the
      solar wind speed remains on the high side of 600 km/sec. The small
      coronal that brought us the brief light show is rotating towards the
      westernlimb of the solar disk, and the solar wind speed should drop
      off in 48 hours or so. However, there is another small coronal hold
      that will be reaching an Earth-pointing position in a few days. There
      isn't anything to talk about in the way of sunspots, and I mean that
      literally! The solar disk is blank yet again.

      IMF Orientation : 2.0 nT South

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : A0

      Solar activity is expected to continue at very low levels.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be at quiet to active levels. The
      coronal hole should begin to wane late on 24 February with conditions
      diminishing to quiet to unsettled levels.