    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2006
      For the 9th day in a row, the sun has no visible sunspots. Time will
      tell, but I'm really wondering if we aren't seeing the solar minimum
      coming early. For whatever reason, the sun had a tendency to fire off
      a big flare right at solar minimum. If we get one sometime in the
      next several weeks, the argument will be even more compelling. For
      now, however, the most significant thing is a coronal hole which has
      rotated into an Earth-pointing position. We should see some solar
      wind gusts arriving in the next 72 hours or so.

      IMF Orientation : 1.7 nT South

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux : A0

      Forecast for the next 24 hours

      Solar activity is expected to remain very low.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be mostly quiet for the next
      three days (08-10 February).