Strike event leads to nor'easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2006
      http://www.weather.unisys.com/hurricane/sat_ir_p.gif
      http://www.weather.unisys.com/hurricane/sat_ir_a.gif

      Another thing that I have seen is when a strike event like this is
      sustained as it moves across the SE it often causes a cold front to
      be pulled south toward all the convection and you get nor'easters.
      IMHO one is forming right now. Looks like the strike levels are at
      7.3 k, which, again, is pretty good for this time of year and it has
      been sustained now for at least 3 days.

      The Pacific high, from all these strikes in the mid CONUS, pretty
      much formed. It is centered at 1350W and you can see it clearly in
      the above IR image. Our weather dried out--again, in the midst of
      the rainy season.

      There was, as suggested, severe weather associated with this event--
      this time in NO in places which already had to deal with Katrina.
      There is good reason for this--the electrical conditions remain.
      Here is a very interesting image of Katrina erosion:

      http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/Archive/Sep2005/Chande
      leur_L5_2005259.jpg

      http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/natural_hazards_v2.php
      3?img_id=13174

      This erosion leads to microbial nutrient levels sustaining and
      maintaining conductive conditions in the region.

      This year, so far, there has been no significant climate event like
      last year's tidal wave. The MJO dynamic appears back to normal and
      last year, if you recall, there was little severe weather as a
      precursor to the bio electrical conditions that brought us our most
      active season on record.