Re: Hurricane season 2006 - Mike

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006

      > It'll be June before you know it! Solar minimum should be arriving
      > late this year. Your thoughts/predictions?

      I have some thoughts in terms of climatology--the years following the
      active 1933 season were Dust Bowl years, for instance, with low
      activity. But it's still too soon to make a seasonal forecast--which
      as you know comes on March 31.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2006
        > I have some thoughts in terms of climatology--the years following the
        > active 1933 season were Dust Bowl years, for instance, with low
        > activity. But it's still too soon to make a seasonal forecast--which
        > as you know comes on March 31.

        I'm looking forward to 3/31, too, although I will have turned 48 years
        old 8 days before then! :-O