Hurricane season 2006 - Mike

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2006
      It'll be June before you know it! Solar minimum should be arriving
      late this year. Your thoughts/predictions?
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006

        > It'll be June before you know it! Solar minimum should be arriving
        > late this year. Your thoughts/predictions?

        I have some thoughts in terms of climatology--the years following the
        active 1933 season were Dust Bowl years, for instance, with low
        activity. But it's still too soon to make a seasonal forecast--which
        as you know comes on March 31.
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2006
          > I have some thoughts in terms of climatology--the years following the
          > active 1933 season were Dust Bowl years, for instance, with low
          > activity. But it's still too soon to make a seasonal forecast--which
          > as you know comes on March 31.

          I'm looking forward to 3/31, too, although I will have turned 48 years
          old 8 days before then! :-O