    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2006
      Things have been pretty quiet since my last report. There were a
      couple of coronal hole encounters, but neither stirred things up very
      much. At present, there is a single sunspot region visible. That
      sunspot region is getting a little interesting. It is growing
      rapidly in size, and is developing magnetic compexity. We'll see if
      the magnetic field lines become entangles enough to start producing
      significant flares. There's also a small coronal hole rotating into
      an Earth-pointing position. Look for the solar wind gusts to arrive
      on or about the 24th.

      IMF Orientation : 1.6 nT South

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : A9

      Solar activity is expected to be low. The increased magnetic
      complexity in Region 848 will likely result in C-class activity.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to unsettled on 22
      January. Occasional active periods are possible on 23 and 24 January
      as a coronal hole high speed stream rotates into geoeffective position.