    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2005
      The solar wind speed has been gusting up and down over the last
      several days due to coronal holes coming and going. While the solar
      wind speed has been close to 600 km/sec at times, no significant
      geomagnetic activity has been noted. What I find most interesting at
      the moment is a C-3 flare that the X-ray plot shows as being a
      long-duration event. While a C-3 flare isn't close to meeting the
      requirements of being a significant flare, the fact that is
      long-duration makes it more likely that a CME might be launched. We
      should know tomorrow if a CME has been created by this event. A
      medium-sized coronal hole is squarely in an Earth-pointing position.
      We'll see solar wind gusts from it within the next 72 hours.

      Forecast for the next 24 hours

      Solar activity is expected to be at very low to low levels. Region 824
      has the capability of producing an isolated C-class flare.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be at quiet to active levels
      through 30 November. Minor storm conditions with a chance for isolated
      high latitude major storm periods are possible on 01 and 02 December
      as a recurrent coronal hole rotates into a geoeffective position.