Re: Solar Activity Report for 11/12/05

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 23, 2005
      Yes Jim that is confusing. I mean as you pointed out if the wind is
      at 500 or better the wind tends to slow activity and if under 500,
      which it was, it tends to increase the chance of formation. There
      was a SIGNIFICANT 35 k strike event and that clearly caused the high
      pressure area around Bermuda to grow and that seems to push the low
      region over land but a few days later it STILL emerged and formed
      Gamma and that storm has been a killer over Central America, even as
      it stalled and caused the ocean to completely lose local carbination
      causing the storm to peter out.

      --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, space1weather
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Doran"
      > <narodaleahcim@a...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Once it dropped over 500 you start to see the powering
      thunderstorms
      > > and the organization of Gamma. Of interest is that there was
      > > formation in the W. Pac too.
      > >

      > Do you mean over or under 500 km/sec Mike? The over would be nice
      if
      > you want some down the road intensification. This would most likely
      > disturb the magnetic field and then we would see a rise in the > 2
      MeV