Re: Solar Activity Report for 11/12/05

  • space1weather
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2005
      --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Doran"
      <narodaleahcim@a...> wrote:

      > Once it dropped over 500 you start to see the powering thunderstorms
      > and the organization of Gamma. Of interest is that there was
      > formation in the W. Pac too.

      Do you mean over or under 500 km/sec Mike? The over would be nice if
      you want some down the road intensification. This would most likely
      disturb the magnetic field and then we would see a rise in the > 2 MeV
      electrons.

      This is why you can see an increase in the earth's electrical
      environment even when solar eruptions are absent. (Besides the GCR
      influence of course)

      The IMF is always in contact with the earth's geomagnetic field and it
      will at least shake things up every sector boundary change.

      Jim
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 23, 2005
        Yes Jim that is confusing. I mean as you pointed out if the wind is
        at 500 or better the wind tends to slow activity and if under 500,
        which it was, it tends to increase the chance of formation. There
        was a SIGNIFICANT 35 k strike event and that clearly caused the high
        pressure area around Bermuda to grow and that seems to push the low
        region over land but a few days later it STILL emerged and formed
        Gamma and that storm has been a killer over Central America, even as
        it stalled and caused the ocean to completely lose local carbination
        causing the storm to peter out.

        --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, space1weather