    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2005
      The amazingly low solar activity continues. Nary a sunspot is
      visible. The solar minimum is anticipated to come in the 1st half of
      next year, and it looks like things are just about on track for that.
      The interesting thing about the solar minimum, or solar maximum for
      that matter, is that you don't know you've reached it until after
      itt's over with. You have to allow enough time to see the trend in
      the sunspot numbers so you can tell which way they're heading. Be on
      the lookout for a big X-class flare during the first half of next
      year. For whatever reason, the sun tends to fire off a big flare
      right at the solar minimum. Getting back to the here and now, there
      has been some geomagnetic activity over the last few days due to a
      high-speed solar wind stream coming from a coronal hole. In fact,
      aurora were actually seen in northern Europe a couple of nights ago.
      There are a couple of small coronal holes now in an Earth-pointing
      position, and we could see some light solar wind gusts from them in
      about 48 hours or so. Meanwhile, the big news in solar activity is
      the lack of activity!

      NOAA sunspot number : 0 (Yep, zero. No kidding.)

      Solar wind densiy : 4.3 protons/cc

      IMF Orientation : 0.4 nT North

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : A0

      Forecast for the next 24 hours

      Solar activity is expected to be at very low levels.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be at quiet to unsettled levels.
      Isolated active periods are possible on 28 and 29 October due to the
      geoeffective coronal hole high speed stream.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 29, 2005
        And with that low activity we will have Beta and another fair weather
        strip is to the east of the storm almost perfectly north and south.