Where did good scientific skeptics go?

  • Pawnfart
    Message 1 of 702 , Aug 21, 2001
      So, as a bottom line, the so called "skeptics"
      really aren't true skeptics. They are nothing more then
      paid stooges for the fascists, who are so afraid of
      people like Al Gore because he held up a chart showing a
      correllation of climate to the defective wasteproduct of their
      industry, that they spend 196 million to elect Shrub, and
      spent another 30 million on Cheney, and frankly got a
      bargain. <br><br>No one is paying me to say this, but I
      know that my skepticism of CO2 as a green house gas
      will not be respected because the cirrus forcing comes
      to the same concern over fossil fuels. I live for
      the truth, only. And I say the most dangerous fascist
      in the world is George W. Bush, and there is going
      to be worldwide suffering because of his policies
      respecting fossil fuels. Sad but so. <br><br>So, any
      fascists out there want to explain why Lindzen's paper
      ignored 1) direction of current/trade winds 2) ENSO, or
      3) biology? One of the funny ironies of the Linzen
      deal is that other than Junk Science recently, I don't
      see anyone from the fascists spinning his Iris
      anymore. With all the treaty stuff and world protests, why
      haven't we seen Lindzen in front of Congress again? I
      will tell you--because what I am saying would be asked
      him directl in a public forum, like the tobacco execs
      getting grilled, and the fascists would be
      screwed-because then he would be operating like a scientist, and
      not the paid stooge he is.
      Message 702 of 702 , Mar 1, 2002
        On Feb 28th, the Interplanetary Magnetic Field
        swung to a strong south-pointing orientation. That,
        coupled with an elevated solar wind speed and density,
        triggered a G-1 class geomagnetic storm. The result was
        some high latitude aurora. See this link for a
        photgraph of aurora observed over Quebec :
        namely 9839, 9842, and 9845, that appear to be capable
        of producing M-class flares. Regions 9839 and 9842
        are close to rotating out of view over the western
        limb of the solar disk. Sunspot region 9845, however,
        is close to the sun's central meridian. A rather
        large coronal hole is also approaching the sun's
        central meridian, and coming into an Earth-pointing
        position. High speed colar wind gusts are likely around the
        first of next week.<br><br>The current solar and
        geomagnetic conditions are :<br><br>NOAA sunspot number :
        wind speed : 372.3 km/sec<br>Solar wind density : 4.4
        the last 24 hours : <br>Solar activity was low. The
        geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled. Stratwarm Alert
        exists Friday.<br><br>Forecast for the next 24 hours
        :<br>Solar activity will be low to moderate. The geomagnetic
        field will be quiet to unsettled.<br><br>Solar Activity
        Forecast :<br>Solar activity is expected to be low to
        moderate for the next three days. Region 9845 is a
        possible source for isolated M-class
        is expected to be mainly quiet to unsettled, until
        the onset of high speed stream effects from a
        recurrent coronal hole begin to develop by day three of the
        forecast period. Isolated active conditions are
        anticipated thereafter.<br><br>Recent significant solar flare
        activity :<br>None