Re: Solar Activity Report for 8/23/05...

  • space1weather
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2005
      --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Doran"
      <narodaleahcim@a...> wrote:
      > Jim would note SW under 500 km/sec with respect to Katrina . . .
      now
      > bombing to 990 mbs.

      Mike,

      I would note how she started to bomb as quick as any storm the past
      few weeks from birth to hurricane strength while the sun was
      starting to become active again.

      There have not been to many eruptions the past few weeks worth
      mentioning and the strong proton event speaks for itself. I think we
      had to go back almost three weeks to find a stronger x-ray flare
      than the M6.4/1N that occurred early on the 25th.

      Now already formed tropical systems tend not to strengthen much
      while the solar winds are rising above the 500 km/sec level but once
      the SW's reach their peak it seems like they can... even above 500
      km/sec. Emily comes to mind and I recall someone else..??? Irene ???
      but I can not be positive right now.

      Jim