Welcome to our group Jim

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2005
      You will really enjoy discussing your interests with David here.

      I see that Steve MacDonald (Gigabite) has been posting with you.
      Steve used to belong here but his old email address is bouncing.
      Perhaps you can PM him over at 2YK to come join so that we can
      communicate. I would appreciate that.

      As you know I was suspended, and I didn't flame or do ANYTHING except
      write my theory with respect to large scale electrical features and
      cloud microphyics. The Windy and Kevin posters there are having a
      great deal of difficulty, because the baratropical behaviors that
      they are comfortable with have event horizons of a few days whereas
      what we are talking about have horizons of longer timescales.

      I used to post EVERYDAY for five years with a operational
      meteorologist over at NYTimes when they had a thread on global
      warming. That discussion evolved, and my appreciation for CO2 as an
      electrical, conductivity forcing changed with time. It reached a
      point where at the end of October I predicted a tropical storm in the
      E Carribean at the end of the season, and it occurred. He saw it
      coming about 5 days out. And after that I teased him that the score
      was 45 to 5, and he took it for about 2 weeks and then didn't post
      again. Five years of arguing, debating, EVERYDAY and then after that-
      -nothing. His ego had been crushed. The same thing you are dealing
      with in Windy and Kevin, because they are jeolous of the fact that
      you are talking about a forcing beyond the event horizon of the
      baratropical approach they are familiar with.

      Those posters wouldn't know the 'science' of large scale EMFs if it
      bit them in the ass, so to them none of your posts have any causal
      mechanism to make your predictions anything less than a crystal
      ball. But there is indeed a causal mechanism, and it starts with
      appreciating that in DC fields the ions in super cooled cloud
      droplets migrate and that impacts cloud formation microphysics, cloud
      dynamics, their fluid dynamics. They will NEVER understand what you
      are posting about.

      BTW, I really enjoy David's posts here particularly in the winter
      when elevated solar winds (not under 500 like you see for
      cyclogenesis) mean a greater chance of a storm for us here in
      Redding, particularly with a rising SOI, although the solar wind
      change can cause the SOI to rise . . . it's going to be really
      interesting here if we get you and Steve and David to start comparing
      notes.