Ripped right out of the headlines

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2005
      Is this idea that life comes from inputs, which is not true. Life
      comes from modulations of inputs:

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050808/sc_nm/science_canada_meteors_dc

      "Meteor strikes may have aided early life-study

      Researchers found that in addition to hydrothermal springs, meteor
      impacts would have allowed microbes easier access to minerals in a
      protected environment.

      Osinski noted that the heaviest meteor bombardment of Earth happened
      about 3.8 billion years ago, around the same time that life on the
      planet is believed to have started.

      The researchers reported their study on Monday in Calgary, Alberta,
      during a joint meeting of the Geological Society of America and the
      Geological Association of Canada.

      The Haughton crater on Devon Island in Canada's Nunavut Territory is
      often used by researchers looking at methods to aid the search for
      life on Mars."

      Life comes from dampening feedbacks, creating complexity in so doing.

      To sum:

      Burke et al. [1992] has reported the detection of keV electrons and
      large electric field transients above a hurricane. These various
      observations all suggest that what is occurring at great depths in
      the ocean may couple to the ionosphere. The coupling mechanisms was
      said by them not to be well understood, but it seems probable
      that "capacitive coupling" through the displacement current my drive
      conduction currents within the ionosphere [Hale and Baginski, 1987].
      How do these couplings appear?:

      IONOSPHERE

      ....................-..............-
      .....................\............/
      ......................\........../
      .......................v .......v
      ........................^......^
      .........................\..../
      ..........................\../
      ..........................+.+
      ....- -----><----- + - + -----><----- -
      ............................+
      ............................|
      ............................|
      ............................v
      ............................^
      ............................|
      ............................|
      ............................-

      TROPICAL OCEAN SURFACE

      ....................+..............+
      .....................\............/
      ......................\........../
      .......................v .......v
      ........................^......^
      .........................\..../
      ..........................\../
      ..........................-.-
      ...+ -----><----- - + - -----><----- +
      ............................-
      ............................|
      ............................|
      ............................v
      ............................^
      ............................|
      ............................|
      ............................+

      Ionosphere Ocean Capacitive Coupling above Eye:

      ............................+..-..+
      ............................|..|..|
      ............................|..|..|
      ............................v..v..v
      ............................^..^..^
      ............................|..|..|
      ............................|..|..|
      ............................-..+..-

      What then happens to the microphysics in clouds in tropical storms
      with such displacement currents?

      http://www.ichmt.org/abstracts/Vim-01/abstracts/04-01.pdf

      What does CO2 mean as an ELECTRICAL forcing with respect to ion
      levels on the ocean surface as the carbination comes out of solution
      and then is redissolved?

      Think space weather is not important here with respect to tropical
      systems? I here have mention that when the solar winds drop below
      500 there are increases in activity. Why? Why would the QBO, an ion
      wind, have an impact on cyclogenesis as William Gray reports?

      The big guns study space weather now. GOES variant N in equipped
      with a new Solar X-Ray Imager (SXI) has been developed by the
      Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Center to permit the observation
      and collection of solar data products. It also has The Space
      Environment Monitoring (SEM) subsystem has been enhanced by the
      addition of the Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) sensor, Energetic Proton,
      Electron, and Alpha particle Detector (EPEAD), the Magnetospheric
      Electron Detector (MAGED), the Magnetospheric Proton Detector (MAGPD)
      and dual magnetometers on a 27.9 foot (8.5 meter) long boom. The EPS
      sensors have been expanded on GOES-N,O,P to provide coverage over an
      extended energy range and with improved directional accuracy. See:

      http://www.ccrc.sr.unh.edu/~stm/AS/Weather_Toolbox/NE_Weather_Primer.h
      tml#Sun

      http://sec.noaa.gov/ws/

      These are ELECTRICAL features. The electron belt is on top of the
      proton belt, the so called van Allen belts, then there is the upper
      ionosphere which tends negative and the lower ionosphere that tends
      positive, and this coupling impact, and space particles attracted to
      opposing sings and a dance of high energy particles that come with O2
      splitting and ozone level increases, namely toward the tropics, while
      the closing isobars bring particles to the poles . . . all mean that
      flaring has a HUGE electrical meaning.

      If you are not studying CO2 as a CONDUCTIVITY forcing on clouds,
      Katie bar the door! You just let the horse out of the barn! You
      miss the hottest stuff in climate. I promise to make some of it real
      time and real right here on real climate.

      The proof keeps coming in. Draft paper written by Ed Mecurio about
      the solar polarity effect upon galactic cosmic rays and how this may
      effect different teleconnections. Arctic Oscillation, Pacific Decadal
      Oscillation, Southern Oscillation Index ... even Los Angeles rainfall
      patterns:

      http://www.hartnell.cc.ca.us/faculty/mercurio/GCR.pdf
    • space1weather
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2005
        --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Doran"
        <narodaleahcim@a...> wrote:

        > The proof keeps coming in. Draft paper written by Ed Mecurio about
        > the solar polarity effect upon galactic cosmic rays and how this may
        > effect different teleconnections. Arctic Oscillation, Pacific
        Decadal
        > Oscillation, Southern Oscillation Index ... even Los Angeles
        rainfall
        > patterns:
        >
        > http://www.hartnell.cc.ca.us/faculty/mercurio/GCR.pdf

        Mike,

        I see you have been speaking about my solar wind theory regarding 500
        km/sec... ...Thanks...Harvey and Irene both followed this
        rule...diminishing rule also... since we last spoke...I also see you
        still must be getting into the other place still ... I wondered about
        some other names... I posted Ed Mecurio's draft paper URL there last
        night. I meant to share this with you a while back but things got to
        hectic. It's quite interesting.

        The sun has been quieter and so are the tropics now.... Been telling
        them at Storm2K for almost a week now that this was going to occur but
        they did not want to listen. I also said that the new NOAA/Gray
        outlook numbers are way overblown...Non favorable SOI & MJO phases.

        BTW remember my discussion last March in TWC ..1/20/05 + 199 days =
        8/7/2005....Notice that the 30 day SOI just changed to a negative
        trend again. First negative 30 day avg. since June 30th.

        Do not misinterpet me. It's not like some 199 day delayed effect
        occurrs. This is related to the recent space weather caused by solar
        magnetic field changes. If you recall I mentioned in early June that
        the sun would become much more active between June 30th-August 9th.

        This is cyclical and this particular phase is most likely related to
        the solar north pole. I believe it has started to get stronger. It had
        been in a weakening state for quite some time now and the WSO filtered
        averages show this. Their data may not show it strengthening for a
        while but I know it will show up. I have seen it take weeks to months
        to show up.

        I have several other URL's that may interst you. I will get back to
        you soon with them.

        Jim