    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2005
      ** G-1 Geomagnetic Storm In Progress **

      What a difference a few days makes! From the high activity of last
      weekend, we've gone to an almost blank and quiet sun. There is a
      single, small sunspot region visible, that being region 765. At the
      present time, it doesn't appear to have flare-generating potential.
      With no coronal holes in view, we should be seeing quiet conditions
      for the next several days. Now, with all of that, you're probably
      wondering why a geomagnetic storm is in progress. There really
      doesn't appear to be a direct cause of it. The interplanetary
      magnetic field did tilt south earlier today, which does have the
      effect of enhancing geomagnetic activity, and the solar wind is just
      barely fast and dense enough to produce a discernable effect. Expect
      to see the storm conditions to diminish overnight.

      IMF Orientation : 0.7 nT North

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : A9

      Forecast for the next 24 hours

      Solar Activity Forecast :
      Solar activity is expected to be very low.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to unsettled with the
      possibility of an isolated active period on 22 May. On 23 and 24 May,
      quiet to unsettled conditions are expected.