    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2005
      Yikes! I sort of lost track of how long it had been since my last
      report. Sorry about that!

      At least I do have some interesting stuff to report this time,
      including flares! The sun has been producing large sunspots of late,
      and one of them finally developed the magnetic complexity to generate
      some significant flares. Region 758 has fired off four M-class flares
      since my last report. There doesn't appear to be much in the way of
      CME activity, though. The flares have all been relatively short
      duration events, which are less likely to produce a CME. Sunspot
      regions 758 and 759 both have the ability to create a significant
      flare. Region 758 is closing in on the western limb of the solar
      disk, but region 759 is a new arrival. Look for the M-class flares to
      have a good chance of continuing over the next several days.

      IMF Orientation : 0.1 nT South

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : B4

      Conditions for the last 24 hours :
      Space weather for the past 24 hours has been minor. Radio blackouts
      reaching the R1 level occurred.

      Forecast for the next 24 hours :
      Space weather for the next 24 hours is expected to be minor. Radio
      blackouts reaching the R1 level are expected.

      Solar activity forecast :
      Solar activity is expected to be moderate for the next three days.
      Regions 758 and 759 (N12E33) continue to harbor a good potential for
      M-class activity with a slight chance for a major or proton producing
      flare.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to unsettled for the
      next three days.

      11-May-2005 1938Z M1.1
      11-May-2005 0641Z M1.2
      10-May-2005 0523Z M1.3