    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2005
      Sunspot region 735 had been showing signs of increasing magnetic
      complexity, and earlier today, it fired of an M3.3 flare, the first
      significant flare in awhile. No word yet on whether a CME was
      launched in our direction. Stay tuned for more information about
      that. Meanwhile, the Earth is exiting a ccoronal hole solar wind
      stream. The is another coronal hole that has rotated into view over
      the eastern limb of the solar disk. If it holds together long enough
      to get into an Earth-pointing position, my guess is we could see some
      high speed solar wind gusts from it in a week to 10 days.

      IMF Orientation : 3.2 nT South

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : B1

      Conditions for the last 24 hours :
      Space weather for the past 24 hours has been minor. Radio blackouts
      reaching the R1 level occurred.

      Solar activity is expected to be at low levels. Region 735 has the
      potential of producing isolated C-class flares.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be at predominantly quiet to
      unsettled levels throughout the period.

      19-Feb-2005 1101Z M3.3