    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2004
      We've actually had G-1 geomagnetic storm conditions observed within
      the last 24 hours, although I don't have a clue as to why. There
      haven't been any significant solar flares, nor are we in a coronal
      hole solar wind stream. Perhaps we just went through a period where
      the interplanetary magnetic field tilted south, which can trigger
      geomagnetic storms. In fact, the IMF is carrying a slightly
      south-pointing orientation as I write this. There is one numbered
      sunspot group visible, but it doesn't appear to have the potential to
      generate any significant flares.

      Solar wind density : 0.7 nPa

      IMF Orientation : 1.6 nT South

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : B1

      Conditions for the last 24 hours :
      Space weather for the past 24 hours has been minor. Geomagnetic storms
      reaching the G1 level occurred.

      Solar activity is expected to be very low to low.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to unsettled with
      isolated periods of active conditions.