    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2004
      For the past few days, the Earth has been inside of a high speed solar
      wind stream coming from a coronal hole, although you might not have
      not have noticed anything. Although the solar wind speed did kick up
      into the high 500's, there was little, if any, geomagnetic effect.
      The solar wind speed is decreasing now, so it is unlikely that we will
      see any effects from this event. I don't see anything noteworthy in
      the way of sunspots or coronal holes right now, so I would expect the
      next several days to be quiet.

      IMF Orientation : 1.6 nT North

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : B1

      Solar activity is expected to be very low to low. Isolated C-class
      flares are possible from Region 713.

      Geomagnetic activitty forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to unsettled. Isolated
      active periods are possible on 22 December.