    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2004
      All is quiet this evening, and the sunspot number reflects the fact
      that there are no big sunspot regions visible. Slowly but surely,
      we're working our way towards the solar minimum, which is expected to
      arrive in a little over two years from now. The only thing of note is
      a coronal hole that is rotating towards an Earth-pointing position.
      We could see some solar wind gusts from it along about the 16th.

      The current solar and goemagnetic conditions are :

      IMF Orientation : 1.2 nT North

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux Level : B1

      Solar activity is expected to be very low to low.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to active on 16 and 17
      December due to the effects from a recurrent geoeffective coronal
      hole. Conditions are expected to subside to quiet to unsettled on 18
      December.