Special Solar Activity statement - 11/7/04

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2004
      G-5 (extreme) geomagnetic storm in progress
      S-2 (moderate) solar radiation storm in progress

      Aurora are currently being seen as far south as Colorado and Utah.
      This is a result of the impact of the CME from the M5 flare a few days
      ago. The Interplanetary Magnetic Field swung hard south with the impact.

      IMF Orientation : 25 nT South
    • mike@usinter.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2004
        Will we see it in No. Cal? It seems to get cloudy here whenever
        there is a big event like this.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 8, 2004
          Aurora were photographed in Utah, so it was possible you could've seen
          it. Aurora were spotted as far south as NC, and some pretty darn good
          aurora in NC at that! That was the strongest geomagnetic storm I've
          seen in a long time. It was a good one!

          http://www.spaceweather.com/aurora/gallery_01nov04.htm
        • mike@usinter.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 15, 2004
            I didn't have to see it to know. It was cloudy. It always is this
            time of year with an 'event' like that.