    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2004
      Its not too often you see sunspot number of zero, but that's what we
      have now. Not a single sunspot visible! As a consequence, the solar
      flux index is also unusually low. That does not, however, mean that
      there cant't be activity, and even aurora! The Earth is now passing
      through a high-speed solar wind stream coming from a coronal hole.
      Actually, the solar wind speed is only in the 400's, but given the
      time of year, that might be enough to cause aurora displays in the
      higher latitudes.

      NOAA sunspot number : 0 (!)

      IMF Orientation : 1.4 nT South

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : A5

      Solar activity is expected to be very low.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to unsettled, with
      isolated active conditions possible all three days from the effects of
      a recurrent high speed solar wind stream.