    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2004
      I'm tempted to say "see previous report" and leave it at that, because
      very little has changed. Neither of the two sunspot regions visible
      have the potential of generating significant flares at the present
      time, and there are no coronal holes in sight. Even in very quiet
      solar conditions as we have now, brief geomagnetic storms can still
      pop up every now and then as a result of small solar wind gusts, and
      the result can be some beautiful high-latitude aurora, as can be seen
      from this picture taken in Yellowknife, Canada.
      http://www.spaceweather.com/aurora/images2004/29sep04/Jeffery1.jpg .
      Northern hemisphere autumn is prime aurora season.

      IMF Orientation : 1.5 nT North

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : A3

      Solar activity is expected to be very low.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to unsettled with the
      chance of isolated active periods.