    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2004
      Things have quieted since the geomagnetic storm conditions that
      existed when I made my last report. Barring anything unexpected, it
      should stay that way for the next two or three days. Of the two
      sunspot regions visible now, regions 672 and 673, neither look to have
      the potential for generating a significant flare at this time. There
      is a diffuse coronal hole that has rotated into an Earth-pointing
      position. The majority of it is well into the sun's northern
      hemisphere, but a portion of it extends down towards the solar
      equator. We could get a few puffs of solar wind from it along about
      the 26th.

      Solar wind density : 1.6 protons/ccc

      IMF Orientation : 1.5 nT North

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : A9

      Solar activity is expected to be low.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to unsettled.