Re: Opportunity: Climate Group seeks a full-time Coordinator

  • mike@usinter.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26 1:39 AM
      I think this group might have difficulty with this position as we
      advocate that CO2 is NOT a green house gas, which is contrary to the
      concensus of the environmental movement. However, if you want to tie
      ecology and climate together . . .

      --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, leo sullivan
      <hilarleo@c...> wrote:
      > Subject: Climate & Energy Funders Group
      > From: Debjit Mukerji <debjit@s...>
      > Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:42:18 -0700
      >
      > The Climate & Energy Funders Group seeks a full-time Coordinator to
      > suppo=
      > rt
      > its strategic goals and operations. The location of the position is
      > flexible, with strong preferences for either San Francisco or
      > Washington,=
      >
      > DC. =
      > The Climate & Energy Funders Group is a primarily-virtual network
      > working=
      > build and strengthen philanthropy effectively addressing global
      warming,
      > climate change, and energy issues. The C&E Funders' small,
      strategic
      > staf=
      > supports information-sharing, communication and collaboration among
      > funde=
      > rs
      > and funder groups. Over 100 funders participate in the network; the
      C&E
      > Funders Group also works closely with foundations, funder groups,
      and
      > nonprofits throughout the US and globally. The C&E Funders Group is
      > project of the Consultative Group on Biological Diversity (CGBD),
      which
      > i=
      > based in San Francisco. The Coordinator reports to the CGBD
      Executive
      > Director and to the C&E Funders Group Steering Committee.
      >

      > RESPONSIBILITIES:
      >

      > The Coordinator will work closely with the CGBD Executive Director
      and
      > wi=
      > th
      > the C&E Steering Committee on all aspects of the network's
      operations.
      > Responsibilities will include: =
      >

      > I) Advancing Progress on Climate Change: harnessing and
      strengthening
      > the=
      >
      > resources of the philanthropic community in support of strategies
      that
      > effectively address climate change and build a clean energy future.
      This

      =

> [...]
      as
      > need=
      > ed
      > in the network and in the field.
      >

      > VI) Funder Outreach and Support: recruiting new funders and assets
      > the=
      >
      > field and to the network; providing informational support to
      members and
      > newcomers; identifying and filling information needs of funders;
      > supporti=
      > ng
      > mentoring & networking among funders.
      >

      > VII) Collaboration with Other Funder Groups: liaison to other
      funder
      > grou=
      > ps
      > to explore and develop collaborative opportunities around shared
      areas
      > of=
      >
      > interest (e.g., around transportation, agriculture, environmental
      > health)=
      > ;
      > development of climate & energy-related programming for major
      > grantmaking=
      >
      > meetings (including Environmental Grantmakers Association and
      > Consultativ=
      > Group on Biological Diversity meetings).
      >

      > VIII) Fundraising, Administrative & Financial Management =
      >

      > * Producing and submitting grant proposals and reports, as needed,
      > C&E members. =
      >
      > * Supervising administrative staff and interns
      >
      > * Managing administrative, office, financial and information
      systems.

      > QUALIFICATIONS:
      >
      > * Bachelor's or Master's degree in field related to environment,
      > climate change, energy, and/or public policy
      > * Five to ten years of experience working with nonprofits or
      > foundations in relevant issue areas.
      > * Demonstrated understanding of the issues of climate change,
      energy,
      > and global warming and its relationship to other issue areas
      >

      > CHARACTERISTICS: =
      >

      > * Excellent interpersonal skills
      > * Ability to foster collaboration among diverse actors
      > * Excellent verbal and written communication skills
      > * Strategic and creative thinking
      > * Excellent organizational skills
      > * Willingness to create and manage a highly professional but small
      > office.
      >

      > Salary commensurate with experience and responsibilities; excellent
      > benef=
      > its
      > package. The CGBD is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please
      > submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to the "C&E
      > Committee", Consultative Group on Biological Diversity, P.O. Box
      29361,
      > S=
      > an
      > Francisco, CA 94129; or via email to cgbd@c... by September 7, 2004.
      > For email submissions, please use "C&E Search" as the subject line.
      No
      > phone inquiries, please. Start date on or before October 14, 2004.
      For