Opportunity: Climate Group seeks a full-time Coordinator

  • leo sullivan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25 12:00 PM
      Subject: Climate & Energy Funders Group
      From: Debjit Mukerji <debjit@...>
      Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:42:18 -0700

      The Climate & Energy Funders Group seeks a full-time Coordinator to
      suppo=
      rt
      its strategic goals and operations. The location of the position is
      flexible, with strong preferences for either San Francisco or
      Washington,=

      DC. =
      The Climate & Energy Funders Group is a primarily-virtual network
      working=
      build and strengthen philanthropy effectively addressing global warming,
      climate change, and energy issues. The C&E Funders' small, strategic
      staf=
      supports information-sharing, communication and collaboration among
      funde=
      rs
      and funder groups. Over 100 funders participate in the network; the C&E
      Funders Group also works closely with foundations, funder groups, and
      nonprofits throughout the US and globally. The C&E Funders Group is a
      project of the Consultative Group on Biological Diversity (CGBD), which
      i=
      based in San Francisco. The Coordinator reports to the CGBD Executive
      Director and to the C&E Funders Group Steering Committee.

      RESPONSIBILITIES:

      The Coordinator will work closely with the CGBD Executive Director and
      wi=
      th
      the C&E Steering Committee on all aspects of the network's operations.
      Responsibilities will include: =

      I) Advancing Progress on Climate Change: harnessing and strengthening
      the=

      resources of the philanthropic community in support of strategies that
      effectively address climate change and build a clean energy future. This
      includes regularly assessing the field, identifying strategic
      opportuniti=
      es
      and gaps, and creating opportunities for C&E funders to work together
      and=

      with allies around shared strategic goals.

      II) Advancing Funder Collaboration on Climate & Energy: creating and
      supporting opportunities for information-sharing, consultation, strategy
      development and collaboration among funders and foundations devoted to
      addressing the challenge of climate change and building a clean energy
      future. Activities may include support of funder working groups, virtual
      collaboration, and convenings.

      III) Liaison with Key Actors and Institutions: serving as a constructive
      intermediary between funders and non-governmental organizations,
      policymakers, businesses, and other important players in the field. =

      IV) Organizing Meetings: organizing an annual meeting for the C&E
      Funders=
      ;
      convening -- or supporting others to convene -- regional, international
      o=
      issue-focused funder gatherings as needed.

      V) Providing Information Services: producing high-quality informational
      resources for C&E funders, to inform their grantmaking and build a
      strong=

      knowledge base in the field. Activities may include: organizing regular
      conference calls and email updates; maintaining funder list-servs;
      creati=
      ng
      and maintaining a C&E web site; producing or commissioning papers as
      need=
      ed
      in the network and in the field.

      VI) Funder Outreach and Support: recruiting new funders and assets to
      the=

      field and to the network; providing informational support to members and
      newcomers; identifying and filling information needs of funders;
      supporti=
      ng
      mentoring & networking among funders.

      VII) Collaboration with Other Funder Groups: liaison to other funder
      grou=
      ps
      to explore and develop collaborative opportunities around shared areas
      of=

      interest (e.g., around transportation, agriculture, environmental
      health)=
      ;
      development of climate & energy-related programming for major
      grantmaking=

      meetings (including Environmental Grantmakers Association and
      Consultativ=
      Group on Biological Diversity meetings).

      VIII) Fundraising, Administrative & Financial Management =

      * Producing and submitting grant proposals and reports, as needed, to
      C&E members. =

      * Supervising administrative staff and interns

      * Managing administrative, office, financial and information systems.

      QUALIFICATIONS:

      * Bachelor's or Master's degree in field related to environment,
      climate change, energy, and/or public policy
      * Five to ten years of experience working with nonprofits or
      foundations in relevant issue areas.
      * Demonstrated understanding of the issues of climate change, energy,
      and global warming and its relationship to other issue areas

      CHARACTERISTICS: =

      * Excellent interpersonal skills
      * Ability to foster collaboration among diverse actors
      * Excellent verbal and written communication skills
      * Strategic and creative thinking
      * Excellent organizational skills
      * Willingness to create and manage a highly professional but small
      office.

      Salary commensurate with experience and responsibilities; excellent
      benef=
      its
      package. The CGBD is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please
      submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to the "C&E Search
      Committee", Consultative Group on Biological Diversity, P.O. Box 29361,
      S=
      an
      Francisco, CA 94129; or via email to cgbd@... by September 7, 2004.
      For email submissions, please use "C&E Search" as the subject line. No
      phone inquiries, please. Start date on or before October 14, 2004. For
      more information about the CGBD, see www.cgbd.org
      <http://www.cgbd.org/> =
      =2E =
    • mike@usinter.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 26 1:39 AM
        I think this group might have difficulty with this position as we
        advocate that CO2 is NOT a green house gas, which is contrary to the
        concensus of the environmental movement. However, if you want to tie
        ecology and climate together . . .

        --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, leo sullivan

        =