    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 9:29 PM
      Today's solar activity report is dedicated to the Cassini spacecraft
      designers, builders, engineers, and scientists. The pictures coming
      back are nothing short of breathtaking, and the first orbit isn't even
      complete yet!

      Conditions are quiet now, and there doesn't appear to be much on the
      horizon that will change that significantly anytime soon. There are
      no coronal holes in view, and the three sunspot regions visible are
      all small and inactive. I wish I could come up with something to make
      today's report more interesting, but there really isn't anything! The
      Earth will reach apehelion, the point in it's orbit when it is
      farthest from the sun, on 7/5.

      IMF Orientation : 3.3 nT North

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : A3

      Solar activity is expected to be very low.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to unsettled.