Re: Two West Pac storms over ocean already 'tilled' by previous storms

  • mike@usinter.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2004
      I am asked how can the tracks of a hurricane over history be an
      example of a living earth.

      The better question is to ask why are Boyle's law vectors similar to
      static field vectors?

      For instance, air moves from high pressures to low. But in so
      moving, the winds cause the place before it to become low pressure.
      Since this movement occurs on the surface of a sphere, these
      movements appear as periodic waves. And because of viscosity, these
      movements are not solvable. But more importantly, because these
      movements, by and for themselves and Boyle's, they cannot be
      controlled. This becomes EXTREMELY important as far as gaia is
      concerned. That is, you cannot have life without a feedback that you
      control.

      Well, not only does a high pressure flow to a low, but like charges
      repel and opposites attract one another. And since the dielectric of
      water is about 80 times that of air, all it takes to create a
      coupling between air pressure and static fields is the fact that
      fair area, high pressure regions generally lack water in the form of
      clouds in the air. That means that DC fields will not well exist in
      cloudy, convective regions while at the same time in fair weather
      they would, and that further means that with the movement of clouds,
      you have the movement of electrical patterns.

      This is not a point to be taken lightly, because unlike Boyle's laws
      finding great limitation in viscosity, static fields can be
      modulated locally with fixed features, and hence the macrobiosphere
      can modulate and feedback on to that location living earth
      conditions. Further, globally it can solve the problem of the earth
      EMF and the whisking of the atmosphere by the solar wind, which too
      is a complex and chaotic – a dynamic problem that can only be solved
      with ever changing and refined models – which is what gaia was as to
      cloud parasols and nucleotides. It was a model based on a massively
      parallel super computer like set up, global in reach and toward
      solving the problem of the earth EMF, which modernly Einstein called
      the most difficult problem in `physics'. I would simply say it is a
      problem which will never by solved like we think of in algebra, but
      it IS solved, by a living earth. And it is a problem that the
      fascists want, desperately, to UN-solve, because they think it
      hampers their profits or their economies. It is a fine example of
      the calculation powers winning over the human mind, much like
      Kasporov has been defeated by Big Blue.

      Me? I am a Big Blue programmer. I know all the machine's weaknesses
      and strengths and would be able to play the machine as long as there
      as a game. Sadly, one of the things that a living earth modulates is
      the fact that the sun grows more luminous. That was Carl Sagan's
      thing, you know, asking why we were not an ice block 5 billion years
      ago, nor like a gas ball now. Some would think it is luck, like
      falling between Venus and Mars, but I know these things are not by
      chance over many transactions and many changes. There is a law of
      large numbers to consider, plus the fact that Venus somehow has
      avoided its atmosphere getting whisked away like what has occurrd on
      Mars.

      Indeed, with ambient winds will eventually always will there be the
      electrical state that you need to modulate, which the earth does and
      has modulated, to its liking.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2004
        > Some would think it is luck, like
        > falling between Venus and Mars, but I know these things are not by
        > chance over many transactions and many changes. There is a law of
        > large numbers to consider, plus the fact that Venus somehow has
        > avoided its atmosphere getting whisked away like what has occurrd on
        > Mars.

        You raise a very interesting point. If Venus does have a magnetic
        field, it is a very weak one that has so far escaped detection. It
        does have what is known as an induced magnetosphere, which is caused
        by direct interaction of the solar wind with Venus' ionosphere. That
        doesn't happen here on Earth, because out magnetic field protects us.

        No seismic data is available for Venus, so we really don't know what
        Venus' core is like, although density data for Venus derived from
        spacecraft observations suggest that Venus' core is probably similar
        in size to Earth's. However, it must be different in some way,
        because there is no magnetic field being generated. Perhaps Venus'
        core has become completely solid, or maybe completely liquid. Earth,
        of course, has a liquid outer and solid inner core.

        Even though Venus doesn't have an Earth-like plate tectonic system, it
        does have numerous volcanoes, which replenish Venus' atmosphere fast
        enough to compensate for the erosive effects of the solar wind. By
        some estimates, Venus maye have over 100,000 active volcanoes. That's
        the big difference between Venus and Mars. Venus has active volcanoes
        to replenish the atmosphere. Mars doesn't.

        With all of the active volcanoes blowing out gas, Venus' astmosphere
        became denser. Life might have been able to process out some of the
        CO2 out of Venus' atmosphere, but life on Venus probably didn't get a
        chance to start before it was too late and too hot.