Re: 'abiogenesis', Mike?

  • mike@usinter.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2004
      > VanGogh-ish sunspots image of last year.

      I would agree that conservative science views the sun as the center
      of the universe. This differs from previous views that the sun
      circled the earth. While this dogma obviously missed the force of
      gravity, it may have captured gaia better.

      > ________________________________
      > "abiogenesis", Mike?; abiogenesis- of what-
      > or Whom?

      Nucleotide sorting of parasols was what caused complexity to evolve
      against entropy--and allowed us, whom you suggest. So both.

      > Are we talking solar hydrocarbon reserves-
      > abiotic petroleum ?

      Fossil fuels are from another gaia time and dynamic. It's like
      taking the sweat from your body when you are hot and later ingesting
      those salts when you are cold and shivering. This behavior is not
      necessarly consistant with health of your body, nor is buring fossil
      fuels which were once part of a living past necessarly healthy for
      the living earth feedbacks.

      > Or has discussion evolved back around
      > to include general abiogenesis,

      Chemists discuss carbon as that which defines life. Biologists talk
      about repair and metabolisms. I am talking about CO2, which unifies
      these ideas, as a forcing on clouds by conductivity and gas
      exchange. Nucleotides rode these CO2 bubbles to the surface and were
      swept by winds to the clouds--to be sorted, and hence 'repair' or
      sorting became connected with metabolims, or fair weather and cloudy
      weather, as fair weather produces w/ UV light sugars, which convert
      exothermically in cloudy weather back to CO2. You cannot get past
      implausible complexity without gaia, and you cannot get to life,
      chemically or biologically defined, without gaia.

      > a contrarian abiotic "methanehydrate",

      Hydrates came later, but outgassing of methane from hydrate fields
      are consumed by the macrobiosphere to produce CO2 at the surface,
      which impacts gas exchange and indirectly influences macrobiological
      activity--as an upwelled nutrient. This produces regional
      longstanding patterns of rain and hydrology feedbacks, and modulates
      a living earth. Hydrates are in this aspect both abiotic and gaia,
      but, again, it is a later complexity that followed abiogenesis.

      > an abio-Gaia for the devil's advocate?

      Ignorance can be accepted as conformed science, Christain science, or
      sometimes not. The good example above is the sun and earth--which
      rules? Certainly gravity is understood now by mathematical formula,
      but at the end of the day how thermodynamics is dampened or modulated
      to earth depends on the macrobiosphere, too. Science attempts to
      model things, and if a model fails to capture reality, new models are
      suggested. Religion starts from faith and seldom adjusts well for
      reality, hoping to impose its will. I am not the devil nor a saint.
      I do hope to speak for science.

      > I am unsure of the relationships
      > or your intent in
      > " electrical (gas exchange and direct current
      > resistances) and macro biological . . . and the hydrate role ...
      > in abiogenesis."

      Hydrates are critical to modern climate dynamics. And they are
      biologically set. But the history of gas exchange existed before
      hydrates and even the cells to produce them existed. The hydrate
      rule in abiogenisis never existed. Gas exchange is the cause of the
      connection between metabilism and repair, which occurred electrically
      in cloud parasol behaviors by sorting in DC fields between ocean and
      ionosphere, and involved nucleotides riding the surface tension of
      CO2 bubbles.

      My intent is not relevant here.