Re: Hurricanes help the ocean bloom

  • mike@usinter.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 20, 2004
      In a sense all greatness extends from the visions upon giant's
      shoulders. It is hardly insulting to me if we were giants in our day.

      --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, Steve Dodd <steved@l...>
      wrote:
      > On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 05:10:48AM -0000, David wrote:
      > > --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, mike@u... wrote:
      >
      > > > Really cool article. I think it is only a matter of time
      before
      > > > these macrobiological behaviors start to become more generally
      > > > recognized as the gaia we're describing here at this club.
      Just
      > > > think, our science here might be two or three years ahead of
      the
      > > > mainstream's!
      >
      > > Does that mean somebody will give us a bunch of money? ;-)
      >
      > I gather the normal procedure is for people to rip off your work
      without
      > giving you any credit at all.. because if you're not working for
      some
      > vast bureaucratic research foundation, you can't possibly know what
      > you're talking about, can you?
      >
      > <s>, having a "cynical moment"
      >
      > --
      > Home+FOAF: http://www.loth.org.uk/ * PGP: 201A57B6 * Original
      portions
      > © 2004 Steve Dodd * "I'm not falling apart, I'm coming
      together." *
      > Appreciated this message? - http://www.loth.org.uk/tipjar/ *
      PNAMBC *

      > "If you don't pay your exorcist, you get repossessed."
    • Steve Dodd
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 21, 2004
        On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 11:24:40PM -0000, mike@... wrote:

        > In a sense all greatness extends from the visions upon giant's
        > shoulders. It is hardly insulting to me if we were giants in our day.

        This is true.. I guess there's a difference between wanting
        ackowledgement as "egoboo", and just wanting to be kept in the loop
        about future developments..

        BTW, have you ever seen the Organelle website? It's intriguing - the
        language can be a little dense in a places, but definitely worth making
        an effort over IMHO:

        Organelle
        <http://www.organelle.org/>

        --
        Home+FOAF: http://www.loth.org.uk/ * PGP: 201A57B6 * Original portions
        © 2004 Steve Dodd * "I'm not falling apart, I'm coming together." *
        Appreciated this message? - http://www.loth.org.uk/tipjar/ * PNAMBC *

        "We take the very best of what people do, synthesise it down, make it
        learnable and share it with each other - and that is what the real
        future of what NLP will be and its gonna stay that way!"
        -- Richard Bandler
      • mike@usinter.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 21, 2004
          What's interesting about that site is like Dave and I have been
          posting with his focus on the sun and my focus on the earth, and
          hence looking at an interaction between the two celestial bodies from
          a different perspective. A perspective that is fundimentally about
          thermodynamics--from an electrical and biological view.

          Even the topic of hydrates has not been seen by the research
          communicty as electrical (gas exchange and direct current
          resistances) and macro biological . . . and the hydrate role in both
          aspects are probably one of the most fundimental in abiogenesis.
          This, I suppose, has further focused our group and made it what it
          is, realtime cutting edge science that has universiality in its
          themes and cross topics.