Re: Hurricanes help the ocean bloom

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 18, 2004
      --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, mike@u... wrote:
      > Really cool article. I think it is only a matter of time before
      > these macrobiological behaviors start to become more generally
      > recognized as the gaia we're describing here at this club. Just
      > think, our science here might be two or three years ahead of the
      > mainstream's!

      Does that mean somebody will give us a bunch of money? ;-)
    • Steve Dodd
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 19, 2004
        On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 05:10:48AM -0000, David wrote:
        > --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, mike@u... wrote:

        > > Really cool article. I think it is only a matter of time before
        > > these macrobiological behaviors start to become more generally
        > > recognized as the gaia we're describing here at this club. Just
        > > think, our science here might be two or three years ahead of the
        > > mainstream's!

        > Does that mean somebody will give us a bunch of money? ;-)

        I gather the normal procedure is for people to rip off your work without
        giving you any credit at all.. because if you're not working for some
        vast bureaucratic research foundation, you can't possibly know what
        you're talking about, can you?

        <s>, having a "cynical moment"

        --
        Home+FOAF: http://www.loth.org.uk/ * PGP: 201A57B6 * Original portions
        © 2004 Steve Dodd * "I'm not falling apart, I'm coming together." *

        "If you don't pay your exorcist, you get repossessed."
      • mike@usinter.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 20, 2004
          In a sense all greatness extends from the visions upon giant's
          shoulders. It is hardly insulting to me if we were giants in our day.

          --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, Steve Dodd <steved@l...>

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 21, 2004
            On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 11:24:40PM -0000, mike@... wrote:

            > In a sense all greatness extends from the visions upon giant's
            > shoulders. It is hardly insulting to me if we were giants in our day.

            This is true.. I guess there's a difference between wanting
            ackowledgement as "egoboo", and just wanting to be kept in the loop
            about future developments..

            BTW, have you ever seen the Organelle website? It's intriguing - the
            language can be a little dense in a places, but definitely worth making
            an effort over IMHO:

            Organelle
            <http://www.organelle.org/>

            --
            Home+FOAF: http://www.loth.org.uk/ * PGP: 201A57B6 * Original portions
            © 2004 Steve Dodd * "I'm not falling apart, I'm coming together." *
            Appreciated this message? - http://www.loth.org.uk/tipjar/ * PNAMBC *

            "We take the very best of what people do, synthesise it down, make it
            learnable and share it with each other - and that is what the real
            future of what NLP will be and its gonna stay that way!"
            -- Richard Bandler
          • mike@usinter.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 21, 2004
              What's interesting about that site is like Dave and I have been
              posting with his focus on the sun and my focus on the earth, and
              hence looking at an interaction between the two celestial bodies from
              a different perspective. A perspective that is fundimentally about
              thermodynamics--from an electrical and biological view.

              Even the topic of hydrates has not been seen by the research
              communicty as electrical (gas exchange and direct current
              resistances) and macro biological . . . and the hydrate role in both
              aspects are probably one of the most fundimental in abiogenesis.
              This, I suppose, has further focused our group and made it what it
              is, realtime cutting edge science that has universiality in its
              themes and cross topics.