    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2004
      Well, things are beginning to get at least a little bit more
      interesting. First of all, we have a small coronal hole that has
      rotated into an Earth-pointing position. While its nothing to write
      home about, it will be elevating the solar wind speed at least to a
      small extent. There was a long-duration C-2 flare that occurred early
      on the 7th from the only sunspot region visible, region 627. As
      long-duration events often do, it generated a CME. It wasn't a
      particularly strong one, but there was a faint halo component to it.
      We should be receiving a glancing blow from it on the 10th.

      IMF Orientation : 2.1 nT South

      GOES-12 Background X-ray Flux level : A6

      Solar activity is expected to be at very low to low levels.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be at quiet to active levels
      throughout the period. Weak recurrent coronal hole influences and
      associated elevated wind speeds are anticipated on 8 and 9 June,
      especially at higher latitudes. A glancing blow from the faint full
      halo CME that resulted from the long duration C2 flare is expected to
      transit the Earth's geomagnetic field on 10 June.