New field in the solar activity reports

    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2004
      I've added a new field, that being the background X-ray flux as
      measured by the GOES 8 satellite. It's reported using the same scale
      that is used for reporting solar flares, since flare intensity is
      determined by the X-ray flux it generates. If you see the background
      X-ray flux rising, that means that there's a sunspot region that is
      becoming active, and it indicates that flares might be a possibility.